I might love the characters in this movie enough that we dressed like them last year for Halloween!
Like all Tim Burton movies, it’s strange, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find some good messages buried in the strangeness. I have a lot of lessons tonight because I couldn’t resist asking my grown children what they thought the point of this movie was. I’d love to hear what you think, too.
1. Don’t overstep your bounds
2. Be true to yourself
3. Lack of collaboration breeds disaster
4. The grass always looks greener on the other side, but we should learn to appreciate what we have.
5. Stick with what you do well
6. It’s easy to label the things we don’t understand
7. Change – some people crave it and others avoid it
8. Innovation can come from people who are sick of doing things the same way