I am three months into my 2016 ONE WORD challenge, and I already have 10 life lessons to share. STRETCH can be literal or metaphorical - you choose!
1. Everyone's point of stretch is different. Never judge whether anyone else is stretching far enough- you don't know!
2. Stretching for 45 minutes once a week is not nearly as effective as stretching for 5 minutes every single day.
3. Each day is a little bit different; don't expect your stretch to increase every day.
4. Just because it's good for you doesn't mean it won't hurt sometimes.
5. Not all parts of you stretch equally - accept that you may have limitations.
6. It really doesn't matter when or where you stretch - just DO IT!
7. You need to stretch right up to the point of discomfort and STAY there for awhile! Growth doesn't happen in your comfort zone.
8. You can always stretch further than you think you can!
9. Progress might be measured in a fraction of an inch and not feet - it's still progress.
10. The first thing you lose as you age is your flexibility; don't be old and stiff - be old and flexible. It's much better to bend than break!