I feel better about obsessing if I can relate it to work (or a blog)!
- Some people are naturally good at things - others of us have to practice to get good
- Even with tons of practice, we may never be good - just better than we were
- Some people can do things just for fun - I struggle enjoying things I am not good at
- If we focus on something, we will end up IN it (water or sand or tree) - choose carefully what we focus on
- You can't hit the ball very well if you are worried about if your pants are too tight or your shirt is too short - minimize distractions
- It's all about your swing; you can't make much progress if you don't get the basics right
- One thought per swing; if we think about 4 things we are thinking about nothing
- Learning something new is much easier with a coach
- Only remember the good shots (I'm still working on if this is a good thing for life or not...)
- If you just want to have fun, don't keep score; if you want to get better, keep score and set goals
- Little changes can make a huge difference (like a 4% greater hip turn)
- You play better when you feel like you look good (justifying my wardrobe and shoes)
- Sometimes you just have to go and do it - even when you don't want to - you're always glad you tried
- It's good to remember you are never the best and you are never the worst ...at anything
- There are times when you just need to acknowledge you lost your ball and move on
- No one hits all perfect shots; it's all about how effectively we adjust our approach
- Weather can affect our attitude and our attitude affects how we show up and play the game
- Sometimes we need to ride and save our energy for the important part - hitting the ball
- The ball really does go where you are aiming; oftentimes, we aren't aiming where we think we are - someone else needs to point that out
- Take nothing for granted (like the 6" putt)
- If we look hard enough, we can find something to appreciate in every situation
- If you aren't having any fun, why are you doing it?
Okay, my golfing friends - I know you can add to the list - GO!!